If you’re enrolling in any program for the first time, you can get free help from someone who understands the enrollment process for each of these programs. Use our Service Locator to find a case manager, medical provider or patient navigator who can assist you.

Contact HIVAZ Connect to get started on finding healthcare assistance programs available to you.

Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)

AHCCCS is Arizona's Medicaid program. Visit Health-e-Arizona to apply for AHCCCS Health Insurance coverage, as well as other governmental assistance programs. For comprehensive information and enrollment assistance for Medicaid and the federal Health Insurance Marketplace in Arizona, visit CoverAZ.org.

Copa Care

Copa Care is a program of Maricopa Integrated Health System (MIHS). It is a sliding fee discount policy for MIHS patients who are uninsured, underinsured or ineligible for any state or federal health program, and those who lack the financial resources necessary to cover services at MIHS. Copa Care is the MIHS policy to determine the patient’s financial responsibility based upon federal poverty guidelines where patients who meet the criteria are able to pay for services at a discounted rate.

For more information, contact the MIHS McDowell Healthcare Center.

Indian Health Service (IHS)

Indian Health Service is the federal healthcare program for American Indians and Alaska Natives. Generally, individuals must be an enrolled member of a federally recognized tribe to be eligible for services. Learn more.

Ryan White Programs

Federal Ryan White programs provide HIV-related medical care and supportive services to income-eligible people living with HIV/AIDS who do not qualify for other assistance programs. Contact the Ryan White program in your area for eligibility and enrollment information:

Social Security Administration (SSA)

Social Security is another benefit option. If you have HIV/AIDS and cannot work, you may qualify for disability benefits from the Social Security Administration. Your disability must be expected to last at least a year and must be serious enough to prevent you from doing substantial, gainful work.

Similarly, if your child has HIV/AIDS, he or she may qualify for Supplemental Security Income (SSI), depending on your household income. More information: Social Security for People Living with HIV/AIDS.

Veterans Administration (VA)

The Veterans Administration provides services at health centers throughout Arizona. To schedule an appointment, please visit the Phoenix VA Health Care System appointments page (which includes links to other Arizona VA health care clinics), My HealtheVet, or you may call the VA Help Line at 602-222-6550 or toll-free 888-214-7264.

For eligibility information, visit the VA Health Care Eligibility website.