Aunt Rita's Foundation
1101 N Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85004 directions
(602) 882-8675 call
Aunt Rita’s Foundation is an HIV Service Organization dedicated to eliminating new HIV infections in Arizona and a provider of Information and Referral resources for HIV throughout the state. As such, Aunt Rita’s Foundation is proud to have launched several unique initiatives to combat HIV infection, stigma, and educational gaps concerning HIV/AIDS. These include:
- HIVAZ.org/VIHAZ.org: These websites act as your one stop shop for all things HIV throughout the state of Arizona–providing information on HIV basics, testing, prevention, treatment, and the myriad services available to you based on your unique needs. VIHAZ.org is available for those individuals most comfortable addressing their concerns and care in Spanish rather than English-specific services.
- Mystery Kit: Are you an Arizona resident? Have you been tested for HIV in the last 13 months? If you are and have not been tested, you are eligible for a free home test kit provided by Aunt Rita’s Mystery Kit initiative! This program allows Aunt Rita’s to mail out an easy, at-home test kit to Arizonans who feel they may need an HIV test but would rather do so from the comfort of home for any number of reasons. Take the first step and go to www.mysterykit.org to fill out a quick survey and receive your free home test kit!
Aunt Rita’s Foundation raises and equally distributes money to our 13 partner agencies–a variety of organizations dedicated to the prevention of new HIV/AIDS infections and/or assistance those living with HIV/AIDS. Aunt Rita’s Foundation accomplishes this through direct public education and signature fund-raising events:
- AIDS Walk Arizona: A fun, family-friendly evening on Tempe Town Lake dedicated to raising awareness and money for HIV service organizations in Central Arizona. This event occurs annually and is great for individuals and groups alike!
- RED Brunch: This brunch and auction is jam-packed with fun, delicious food, and incredible prizes to help raise money for the HIV service community while recognizing the amazing work of those on the ground throughout the state with awards.
- RED is the Night: An evening of entertainment and philanthropy, RED is the Night is another of our adult-oriented events to raise funds for Aunt Rita’s Compassion Grant. This event is filled with hand-crafted cocktails, entertainers, and a lighthearted spirit for compassion that unites us all in the fight for 0 new infections and consistent empathetic care.
- Project RED: Our newest and most glamorous event, Project RED is a fashion show featuring local designs and performers to benefit our 13 partner agencies. Grab a seat and enjoy the show, knowing that you’re helping incredible agencies continue invaluable work in our community!
For more information regarding these events (including dates, ticketing, and pricing), visit here.
Monday thru Friday — 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
See a problem? Let us know