Financial Assistance

Afraid of Costs? Don’t Be.

If you are HIV positive, Ryan White programs offer free eligibility screenings for a variety of assistance programs. They also provide referrals to AHCCCS (Arizona’s Medicaid program), Indian Health Service, Social Security Administration, Veterans Administration and others.

If you feel that you make too much money to qualify for assistance but don’t make enough to afford healthcare on your own, you should still apply. There are programs designed to help people with a wide range of income levels and needs.

Help Getting Care

There are people here for you – thoughtful, caring people who are trained to guide you to medical care and supportive services. They understand how you’re feeling and they truly want you to have the best experience possible.

To start your enrollment, call the eligibility office for your area to schedule a time to meet with an eligibility specialist. If you prefer, staff can arrange to meet you at your home or other location.

  • Ryan White Part A Central Eligibility(602) 212-3788
    Serving Maricopa and Pinal County (including metro Phoenix and Casa Grande).
  • Ryan White Part B AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP)(602) 364-3610 or (800) 334-1540
    Serving all other counties in Arizona

Determining Your Eligibility

Assistance programs usually determine eligibility based on income. Some programs have other eligibility guidelines. Before you apply for any program, it’s helpful to gather the following types of documents and have them available for review during your eligibility appointment.

  • Proof of your HIV positive status, such as your last lab report or your HIV test results. Your doctor can provide copies of these documents.
  • Proof of Arizona residency, such as a current lease agreement or utility bill in your name, your Arizona driver’s license or state ID card, etc.
  • Proof of your current income, such as one month of paycheck stubs, your most recent tax return, a Social Security benefits statement, etc. If you have no income, some programs will ask you to sign a form stating this.
  • For insurance premium and/or copay assistance, you’ll need to provide proof of your insurance, such as your AHCCCS, Medicare or private insurance card.

Need Insurance Assistance?

Insurance red tape can get complicated. That’s why there are enrollment specialists to help you apply for financial assistance programs having to do with health insurance premiums, copays/deductibles and COBRA premiums.